This links have been in the queue for a while, so check these out:
1) The Onion’s Top 10 Stories of 2005 – Number 9 is my favorite.
2) Governor Lynn Swann? – I think the former Steeler WR wanted to make sure that he bested Lisa Guerrero for the “Dirtiest Career After Being an ABC Sports Sideline Reporter” Award.
3) Mama Said Knock You Out – I’m just waiting to hear that the Philly fan Clinton Portis’ mama decked out on Sunday was actually Donovan McNabb’s mama. That would be a Clio-worthy Chunky Soup commercial.
4) Parents passing on New Trier – Ever wonder why some people who buy $1 million 3-bedroom ranch houses in arguably the best public school district in the nation end up dropping loads of more dead Presidents to send their kids to private schools instead? This is why John Hughes made a decade’s worth of teen angst movies on Chicago’s North Shore.
And last but certainly not least…
5) Chuck Norris Phenomenon – “Chuck Norris isn’t hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris.” Here’s a timely examination of the resurgent interest in the great Chuck Norris. If you haven’t received the ubiquitous “Chuck Norris – The Facts” email, here it is.