Prediction for next Monday Night’s game: Bears 423, Cardinals -7.
On to today’s links:
1) A Message From Chad and Steve (YouTube) – With hundreds of millions of Google stock in his pocket at age 28, it looks like Steve Chen has leapfrogged me as the most successful member of the Class of 2000 from the University of Illinois.
2) Rocky Horror Football Show (Chicago Tribune) – Eric Zorn’s history of the “There’s a Timeout… Where?… On the Field” ritual between the Soldier Field PA announcer and Bears fans. (Question for the Illini faithful out there: didn’t we do this long before 2000 or is my memory colored? Help me out here!)
3) Zook Defends Decision To Go For Two Early (Chicago Sun-Times) – Initially, I thought Florida fans would have eaten even Bill Belichick alive if he were the first Gator coach to follow Steve Spurrier, but now I’m starting to realize why Ron Zook didn’t last very long in Gainesville.
4) Most Overexposed Celebrities (Forbes) – No surprise at #1 here, although K-Fed can never be too high for my tastes.
5) Steve Irwin Memorial Meast of the Week – Week 5 (Kissing Suzy Kolber) – A fitting honor for our beloved Bears defense.
6) IHEARTBACON.COM – I want to eat my computer right now.
(Image from Deadspin)
2 thoughts on “Land-o-Links – 10/10/2006”
Say what you will about Zook, but the man has some pipes – I’m guessing a career as an NFL ref is in line, should the whole coaching thing not work out.
I like how on the celebrity thing they picked the least flattering pictures possible