Happy Pulaski Day to all of my Polish brothers and sisters! Here are the links for this special day in Chicago:
1) Pulaski Day Defenders Decide It’s Time to Party – Speaking of this special day for Poles across America, way too many people aren’t educated on the importance of our Polish-American hero.
2) Ringling Circus Accused of Spying on PETA – If the circus were running the CIA, we would have found Osama Bin Laden by now.
3) School Busts Teacher for Bush-Bashing – To all of my teacher readers out there: be really careful in the classroom, even if it doesn’t seem fair.
4) So, How Many Knicks Does it Take to Screw in a Lightbulb? – Isiah Thomas and the Knicks have proved to be better comic fodder than even a Dick Cheney hunting trip.
5) Three 6 Mafia Win First Oscar – The best moments of last night’s telecast of the Academy Awards stemmed from “It’s Hard Out Here For a Pimp” winning Best Song. By the way, Jon Stewart did a so-so job hosting the Oscars (it’s a tough gig – David Letterman bombed as host while the response to Chris Rock was tepid and I consider those guys comic geniuses). There’s one person out there who would be the perfect Oscar host: Robin Williams. He’s biting and adventurous enough that the TV audience will be thoroughly entertained while he also has the respect of the Academy as one of their own. If Williams hasn’t been asked yet, it needs to happen.
Have a great Pulaski Day!